Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Month-in-Review: December & January

Long time, no blog- I know! Things have been hectic for me lately- with grad school applications, traveling, and a very full schedule at work- in addition to some personal issues that waylayed my blogging. So here is a little catch up on the last few months (a February one will come soon as well).



Christmas in Ireland

I wrote a few months ago about the difficulty and excitement of celebrating Christmas in another country. In the end, I really enjoyed the opportunity to learn about Christmas traditions in Ireland and celebrate the holiday with my new friends in Wexford.


 Home Sweet Home

After Christmas, I headed home for a week and a half. I had the wonderful treat getting to fly First Class on the way home (shout out to Paddy at Aer Lingus for the upgrade). I loved getting to spend time with my family and friends after months away. Whether it was restaging Christmas day with my family, ringing in the New Year with my dear friends the Tarpleys, or grabbing margs and tacos with my Golden Trio of BFFS- every moment of my time at home was refreshing and comforting.


 Cottage Time

One of the best parts of being home was spending a few days at our cottage in Port Sanilac. Our lakeside cottage is one of my favorite places to visits and it’s a really special place in the winter. Walking along the icy beach and through the snowy forest are always really magical things to do in the winter. When not exploring outside, it was great to practice the snuggly art of hygge by spending time inside reading, writing, and drinking tea.


  Another Seaside Retreat

Just like that, my time at home was over and I was back in Ireland! My first week back was spent alongside Curracloe Beach for our mid-year work retreat. It was such a treat to be joined by Father Pat Reidy from Notre Dame who facilitated the retreat. It was great to catch up with other Teach Bhríde members, spend time walking along the beach, and refocusing for a new “semester” in Ireland.

---


And just like that, I was back into the swing of things for another few more months in Ireland. I’m so grateful for the midyear break which gave me the opportunity to relax at home and see love ones. It’s crazy to think that the next time I’m home, my time in Ireland will be done!


No comments:

Post a Comment