Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Month-in-Review: February

February was one of those months that starts off scary and stressful, but by the end is exciting and amazing. It could have used some more sunlight and less wind and rain, but all things considered I think I made the best of it.





St. Brigid Festival

I’m currently doing a program called House of Brigid, named after St. Brigid of Kildare. So part of my job involved putting on a night of reflection to celebrate St. Brigid. I really enjoyed the process of putting the festival together- from weaving crosses, to visiting wells, to learning more about St. Brigid herself (total badass). I also got to choreograph a dance, which became the talk of the town (literally- it’s a small town). It was a really nice way to celebrate and learn more about an important Irish saint.


Galentines Day

I love Galentine's Day! I think it's so so important to celebrate female friendships. Unfortunately, all my female housemates were out of town for Galentines, so I decided to celebrate with the wonderful ladies who have tea at our church every morning after mass. Even though these women are old enough to be my granny, they have become some of my closest friends in Wexford. I decorated the tea room, made Valentines, brought flowers and cupcakes, and taught them about the new holiday. They definitely got a kick out of it.


Happy Reunions

I was so excited to be visited by one of my dear friends from home, Amy, for a week in February. Amy and I were both Weird Horse Girls in 4th grade, so we decided to celebrate our friendship by going horseback riding. We took an amazing trail ride to the top of Wexford, Forth Mountain. It also meant a reunion with my best horse friend, Ross. He may be slow and sassy, but he’s also adorable.


Northern Ireland Adventures

While Amy was in town, we took a short trip up to Northern Ireland. The first day we took a bus tour to Dark Hedges, Carrick-a-Reid rope bridge, and Giants Causeway. Honestly, Giants Causeway is the coolest thing I’ve ever seen ever. Then we spent the night in Belfast. The next day we explored Lisburn Road, had a gorgeous brunch, and took an open top bus tour of the city. Belfast has a tumultuous history, but it is one of the friendliest, most interesting, and most artistic cities I’ve ever visited.


Tea Time

The month ended with my birthday. My amazing housemates took me to afternoon tea at posh hotel in Wexford. It was such a treat and totally made me feel like Lady Mary! We finished the day with dinner (chicken goujons and sweet potato fries), cake, and one of my favorite movies. It’s such a treasured memory.




I finished February feeling really happy about the amazing friendships in my life and the wonderful adventures I’m lucky enough to have here in Ireland.


No comments:

Post a Comment