Monday, July 4, 2016

Month In Review: June

I haven’t posted in a bit. Not for any particular reason, I’ve been starting a lot of blogs that seem to get too long and complex for their own good, which then don’t end up getting finished. I also have been doing a lot fiction writing, which is amazing, but also sometimes when I’m really absorbed in writing a new chapter it’s hard to change my focus onto something new. I’m hoping to post a few this week, so keep checking back for more.

I’ve been reading a few other blogs and some seem do a “month in review” at the end of each month to look back on the good things that happened that month. I really like this idea, especially as a way of staying in contact with people that might not always get updates from me in person. Each month I’ll share 5 good things (big and small) that happened, simple as that!



1    Yoga- One of the first things I did this summer was sign up for a yoga membership at Full Lotus Yoga in Grosse Pointe Woods. Since then, yoga has been one of the highlights of my days. While I’ve been doing yoga for four years now, I’ve had the chance to try some new forms this summer- including hot vin, yin, and this awesome yoga/dance mashup called Nia. Staying active is really important to me, but it can be hard in the summer when schedules get so different. Currently I’ve been going two or three times a week, but I’m hoping to work up to going every day. Maybe by the end of the summer I'll finally have those yoga arms!



2    Gratitude Journaling- I’m always the first person to advocate for starting gratitude journals, but I’m terrible at keeping mine updated. This summer my schedule has lulled a bit, so I’ve had time to really invest in starting new habits. June was the first month I started writing in it every day. It’s really nice to look back and see the things that made each day so special.



3    Catching Up with Old Friends- Being home for the summer is amazing in so many ways, but the best part for sure is seeing my high school friends again. After 4 years of college, they’ve all grown into exceptional young women. It’s so exciting to hear about the new paths that their lives are taking- whether it’s to Baltimore to work for NASA, Yale to start musicology grad school, or to Ohio to start their first teaching job. I’m so happy that I’ve at the chance to get dinner/coffee/drinks with my friends before we each embark on our next adventures.



4    Sunsets at the Cottage- Each weekend my family visits our cottage in Port Sanilac, Michigan. It’s wonderful to spend time at the beach, the woods, the small town, and everywhere in between. My favorite part has been going down to the beach for sunset each evening I’m here. I always take way too many pictures- but how can I not?



      New Summer Job- Possibly the most exciting update is my new job. After a stressful summer job search (especially after I had no energy for anymore applications after this year), I found the most amazing summer job. I’m so excited to join Fairytale Friends, a company that brings fairytale characters to events and parties. I did my first party this week (okay technically July) as the Little Mermaid. It was so much fun and I can’t wait for more opportunities to bring magic to kids this summer.


June has been amazing. I’m so excited to see what July, my last full month at home, brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment