Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Month in Review: July

July has been a lazy month for me. Long, slow days- just like summer should be. I know I'll be leaving for a year soon so I've been cherishing this wonderful month with family and friends. It's times like this that help you see every moment as a little adventure.



1    Week on the Lake- One of my favorite parts of July was spending a full week at my family’s cottage in Port Sanilac. We took a few day trips while we were there- to Port Austin and to Frankenmuth. We also hosted a few guests who came and joined up for afternoons at our cottage. It was really fun to share this special place with others.



2   Detroit Adventures- Living close to Detroit means that there are always new things to discover right nearby. I love popping into the city, whether that means getting lunch at one of my favorite restaurants, volunteering at Earth Works urban garden, or spending a Saturday morning in Eastern Market.


3   Ann Arbor Escapes- Each summer, me and my two lifetime BFFs (we call ourselves the Golden Trio because we are that level perfect) have a weekend in Ann Arbor together. This summer, we hung out at the Ann Arbor Art Fair, ate Chicago-style pizza, bar crawled, got brunch, and discovered the wave field.


4   Babysitting Fun- My sister babysits twice a week, and well, lately it seems like I’ve become the second babysitter. Playing tennis, library visits, morning swims, movie afternoons, and even games of Barbies with my 7-year-old BFF makes my life brighter.





5   Concert and Cursed Child- I ended my month with one crazy Saturday night. My sister offered me an extra ticket to the Nick Jonas & Demi Lovato concert. While it wasn’t something I’d normally go to, it was a great show and I really enjoyed it. Afterwards, we went to the midnight release for the new Harry Potter Book- which I read in one afternoon (review coming soon).

Less a month now till my Ireland adventures begin! I'm so excited for what next month's review might bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment